The Replacement Process
A step by step guide to your Roofline replacement
These are the simplified steps that we undertake but you need a keen eye for detail & skills developed over many installations to obtain the perfect finish!
1. First of all we slide back the first & second row of roof tiles and unclip then remove the guttering.
2. We then completely remove the fascias and soffits and trim back the existing felt.
3. We check the condition of the rafter feet and fit new soffit bearers. Once we are happy we fix the soffit board tight against the brickwork, this provides a clean finish and sturdy edge where the two materials meet.
4. After the soffits are fixed we can install the new fascia board. We fix the fascia boards using 65mm Poly-top nails which are stainless steel to avoid any rust marks on your fascia boards in the months and years to come. We use two nails in every rafter foot to ensure a permanent fix.
5. Now that the fascia and soffits are complete, we can now install the rainwater system. There are a wide range of styles and colours available. We fix the guttering with a slight fall to allow the water to drain away.
6. After the rain water system is complete we install an Eaves Protector, this provides a permanent replacement for the old perished felt that we cut away at the start. It will not deteriorate or perish unlike felt. It also allows the roof space to breath and has flexible combs (where specified) to act as a rodent guard to keep birds and other unwanted pests out.
7. Now that the installation is complete we replace the roof tiles to their original position.
8. We finish off with a complete clean to complement our first class installation.
9. Finally, we remove all the rubbish which is recycled as much as possible.